MATERIALS LECTURE COMPETITION (UTM- MLC 2017)
Materials Lecture Competition is a National event mainly organized by IMM and IOM3 UK. This national-wide competition is an initiative intended to enhance awareness among young Material Scientists and Engineers in Malaysia on the importance of Materials Engineering and sustainability in the advancement of technology and humankind.
Rules and Eligibility
The Materials Lecture Competition (MLC2017) is open to any profession in Malaysia under the age of 28 (except academic staff) who must deliver a 15-minute presentation on a topic related to Materials or Minerals Science and Engineering. The topic may be on the participant’s current research work or project from the following areas of interest (but not limited to) Materials Development, Characterization, Processing and Applications, Minerals and Geologically related disciplines.
Submission Procedure for Competition
To take part in the MLC2017 competition, please submit your name, IC (Malaysian Participant) or Passport (International Participant), phone number and e-mail details as well as an abstract of a maximum of 150 words, to the following link:
UTM-MLC 2017 Prizes:
- First Winner : RM1000
- Second Winner: RM800
- Third Winner: RM500
First winner of UTM-MLC 2017 will represent UTM to National Level Competition at APU Campus, Bukit Jalil, KL.
The Champion of MLC 2017 (national level) will represent Malaysia to attend the Young Persons’ World Lecture Competition (YPWLC) which will be organized by IOM3 in October 2017 in Perth, Australia. The winner of Malaysia will be fully sponsored by IOM3 to attend a series of events in YPWLC.
Presentation will be judged against the following criteria:
- Structure of the presentation and clarity of explanation and argument
- Standard of presentation
- Personal enthusiasm for the subject
- Ability to deliver presentation spontaneously
- Technical content of the presentation
- Clarity and relevance of any visual aids used
- Ability to deliver a concise and meaningful summary at the end of presentation
- Ability to present within the specified time allocated
- Ability to handle judges’ questions
- Abstract Submission Deadline:12 March 2017 (Sun)
- Announcement of Shortlisted Participants:14 March 2017 (Tue)
- Briefing Session to the Shortlisted Participants:15 March 2017 (Wed)
- UTM-MLC 2017 Competition Day:19 March 2017 (Sun)
- MLC 2017 Finals :16 May 2017 (Tue) – APU campus, Bukit Jalil, KL
- MLC 2017 Semi-Finals:18 April 2017 (Tue) – APU campus, Bukit Jalil, KL
- Professor Dr. Esah Hamzah (FKM): firstname.lastname@example.org (07-5534855/019-7607364)
- Nor Akmal Fadil (FKM): email@example.com (07-5534668 / 019-7373983)
- Nor Hasrul Akhmal Ngadiman (FKM): firstname.lastname@example.org (013-7189515)
- Dr Alafiza Yunus (FKT): email@example.com (012-3302842)
- Dr Nurhaniza Yusof (FKT): firstname.lastname@example.org (019-7981460)